Quantcast

Monday, February 15, 2010

LBS Fashion Week Coverage: Weekend Recap

 What a whirlwind my second and third days of shows were! My goodness, it's now Day 5 of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and I feel like it's been a month! Anyway, I went to some very impressive shows this weekend. Twinkle by Wenlan, Arise Fashion Collective, and Vassilios Kostetsos. All were very different, but so amazing. I'm so excited about this year's fall trends. This might be the season that gets people back in the stores. Here's my recap of Twinkle and Vassilios Kostetsos:

Twinkle by Wenlan Fall 2010 Collection 
The Twinkle collection was fun and flirty, but still very practical which I loved. I could see my friends and I walking straight off the runway in her pieces. They were great originals that overall felt like they needed prime placement in a LoveBrownSugar chick's closet. I loved that she included splashes of vibrant color.

 Check out all the photos from the show as well as backstage access in my album HERE.

At the Twinkle show, I also had the opportunity to meet Daddy's girl Angela Simmons. It's not often that you meet celebs and they're as beautiful and friendly in person as they are on TV...

 Well, Miss Simmons was all that and then some. She looked absolutely stunning in this hot pink frock, skillfully accessorized with a statement necklace and skinny royal blue belt.

 She's gorge and we love her style! Her company Pastry Shoes co-founded with big sis Vanessa Simmons, is releasing a new line of heels and boots which I cannot wait to dive into. Given her and Vanessa's style, the collection is fitting to be SWEET indeed (pun intended)!


Vassilios Kostetsos Fall 2010 Collection
Greeks clearly know how to have fun. The Vassilios Kostetsos collection made me want to just party! From the prints to the fabric combinations, the overall energy of the collection was volcanic. Models exploded onto the runway sparkling in sequins, bound in lace and leather, and vibrantly adorned in passionate shades of red, black and blue...

 
 
I thought the styling was impeccable, the silhouettes were sleek yet fun, and there the collection overall was well crafted and a joy to watch! There are so many celebs I can see wearing this stuff. It most definitely won't be my last time at a Vassilios Kostetsos show - it was flawless.

Check out all my close-ups of the runway show in my album HERE.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment