Quantcast

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spring Fashion Trends: Milk & Honey

 So I haven't done any shameless promotion on here in a while. Ever so often I like to pop in and let you guys know what I'm up to over at Honey. This week I had the privilege of compiling Honey's spring fashion trend story. A major privilege for me. I'm honored. Check out our spring fashion editorial affectionately entitled "Milk & Honey"...

 Stay on trend with a little Honey flavor. Leisure suits were huge on the Spring 2010 runways from Richard Chai to Adam and 3.1 Phillip Lim. Stay on trend with a neutral bottom, but give the look a tribal twist and rock a printed blazer up top.

  Continue the printed trend with another popular silhouette for 2010 – the cropped jumper (left above). Seen on the runways of Honey faves like Charlotte Ronson, Marc Jacobs and DKNY, the cropped jumper carries effortless chic appeal. Add a leather jacket and straw fedora for good measure. Not only is the maxi dress flattering for almost all shapes and sizes, a delicately tailored vest on top adds menswear-inspired edge.


Accessories are everything. Quickly take a plain oxford and cutoffs look into a Hollywood- ready ensemble with over-sized shades and a patterned scarf up top (below right). Never underestimate the power of a statement piece. Bold boyfriend blazers in painted prints give life to an understated ensemble (below left).


Ripped jeans are not only a Honey fave around the office, they are a huge trend this season. Adding bright pops of color to a light colored pair makes an even sweeter impact...


*Sidebar: I absolutely love this products shot...these bags are awesome:


For more pics and spring trends, and more of my fashion features check Honeymag.com! My byline reads "By C.Brown"


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. www.mlewclothing.comMay 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

    CHECK MY LINE OUT @ mlewclothing.bigcartel.com more items to come. JUST A BROTHA WITH A DREAM! LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shoot! :) PLEASE tell me who the teal heels that are paired with the light peach pants are by?!I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete