Quantcast

Monday, November 12, 2012

Instaweek 11.12.12



In The Morning
Happy Monday! I have to say, Monday mornings are normally quite mundane for me. There's something about Monday morning that conjures up feelings of dread and anxiety. I stumble out of bed, rush out the door (because I'm normally running late), hop on a crowded train to work and count the many ways I'll probably have a horrible week. This Monday is different though. Not that my circumstances have changed. But I woke up this morning feeling overwhelmingly grateful for all the wonderful things I have in life. I'm determined to make this a great week despite undesirable circumstances. The minute you take time to change your perspective and focus on what's great about your life instead of all the things horrible about it, your emotions makes a shift as well. Positivity breeds positivity and the same goes for negativity. So this week, I implore you guys to reset the negative mental tape in your head and focus on seeing the positive in your life situation. It makes a HUGE difference, trust.

New Beauty
Cece's Curls are back y'all! I spent last week experimenting with new hair styles. My 2 Year Natural anniversary is coming up soon and I'm ecstatic. My curls have grown out so much. I'll have some posts up later this week about my hair style experiments. On the hair topic, the wonderful folks at Jane Carter sent me a sample of their Curl Defining Cream. I plan on giving it a try this week. Also, Maybelline has recently released their own version of the nail applique trend (top left)- Maybelline Color Show Fashion Prints Nail Stickers. They sent me samples of two of their styles. Pics of that should be coming soon as well. Can't wait to try them!

Rocked The Vote
Whoop whoop! I'm sure I'm not the only one ecstatic about last week's election results. I'm happy I had the opportunity to fulfill my civic duty and I hope you guys were able to as well. Also, thanks to those of you who entered my Rachel Roy "VOTE" tee contest - the winner has been announced on the page here.

Happy Birthday Ursula Stephens (Slash...I Was 2 Feet From Rihanna Y'all!)
Celebrity hairstylist and Motions Haircare spokesperson Ursula Stephen celebrated her birthday last Thursday evening at Boudoir in downtown NYC. Ursula is most noted as the hairstylist who transforms Rihanna's coif ever so often and drastically puts beauty aficionados in a state of shock & wonder with her red carpet looks. Yep, she's major. I was invited to celebrate her birthday last week along with countless other bloggers, editors and celebs like Taraji P. Henson, Toccara and (gasp!) Rihanna (middle left)! Y'all. She walked in and I nearly fainted. She was about 2 feet from me. And she's absolutely gorgeous in person. I didn't get to "meet" her sadly. She made a beeline for VIP and stayed there. It wasn't like My Chance Encounter With Kanye BUT it was magical nonetheless.

How did you guys spend your week? Talk to me!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. If you don't mind, can I please come visit you ASAP! I can use some experimenting with my natural tresses and I can def use a celebrity encounter. The closest I've come in 5 years has been a professional pool player. Love this post and it gave me so much energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart mondays.. ps. I just started growing my hair out and I'm post relaxer for 5 months now. What products would you recommend for starting out?
    Xo-Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers for voting! I like the multi-lingual signage. I'm very happy with the result as well.

    I'm usually "meh" when Monday rolls around and I have to wake up early, especially now with the snowstorms. I get into it once I arrive at my workplace. I'm grateful to have a job I love.

    ReplyDelete