Quantcast

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Under The Tents: NYFW Day 2

Yesterday I wasn't exactly "under the tents" the entire day. Instead, I attended the majority of my shows downtown in the Meatpacking/Chelsea area for offsite shows like Helmut Lang and Kaelan, and presentations like Duro Olowu and Erin Fetherston at MILK Studios. Surprisingly, I loved the quiet calm of the downtown area over the hustle & bustle of Lincoln Center. Here's what I got into:

11am: Lincoln Center for Jill Stuart S/S 2012

Jill Stuart showed a super fun collection of brights with color-blocking & super feminine frocks for Spring 2012. She even threw a few hot pants in there! Loved her show.
1pm: Pier 57 for Helmut Lang
Sticking to their classic black & white, with a few pops of neon in between, Helmut Lang showed an amzing collection of tailored cropped blazers, silk draped dresses, jumpsuits and skirts. And I was LIVING for the shoes! Ugh, in love...

3pm: Drive-In Studios for KAELAN Presentation

Around the corner at Drive-In Studios, I hit up the KAELEN Presentation and was pleasantly surprised! They showed a really impressive spring collection complete with mesh and really amazing draped pieces.

I need all of these looks in my closet. Today.

4pm: Eyebeam Studios for Christian Siriano

There aren't enough words to describe how amazingly beautiful Christian Siriano's spring collection was. It was just countless beauty, one after another. I gasped, I nearly cried. His collection was brilliant!

While there, myself and friends Nicaila of CailaKSpeaks & Kai-Lee ran into Corinne Bailey Rae!


 How fab! And she was wearing Christian Siriano of course. 

5pm: Backstage at Milk Studios for Duro Olowu S/S 2012

Model Georgie Badiel gets makeup done at Duro Olowu
 I've just discovered Duro Olowu, and can I tell you I'm in love? His collection was so fresh and grounded in his Nigerian roots. I loved it.

You guys know I love prints, so upon seeing the collection it was love at first site.

I ran into the lovely Taren, natural hair youtube vlogger for Taren916. Per usual, her curls were on point! Natural hair girls, check out her channel. She gives great tips!

Anna Wintour popped by the Duro Olowu S/S 2012 show. I think this is the closest I've ever been to her. She's just a tiny thing. But very chic of course.

Shortly after, Solange showed up to greet the designer and check out the collection.


In all her full 'fro glory!

7pm Milk Studios for Erin Fetherston Presentation
In the same venue (Milk Studios), Erin Fetherston was giving her S/S 2012 presentation. Like her, it was girly glam meets uptown sophisticate. Loved the bright colors, the sequins and the construction.

Last night I also hit up the Cocktails & Couture event and met up with my fave bloggers. Sadly, my camera died so I don't have any pics. Look for a post about that soon!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. OMG girl...I'm so jealous! Anna! I would have broke protocol and gotten a picture with her! or at least tried to! Anyway, everythin glooks great. Some of those models look like manniquins (sp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! All of the models look so much skinnier from a normal camera... :/

    ReplyDelete