Quantcast

Monday, June 3, 2013

Healthy Living: The LBS Beauty Detox

Happy June lovelies! It's a new month and the start of an amazing new season. To kickoff the summer, I'm embarking on my own version of a detox. The word detox normally takes on a really negative connotation. Immediately people think you're drinking veggie juice all day, or lemon water & cayenne pepper. Truthfully, detox really just means the removal of toxic substances from a living organism. Hence, there are many ways you can detox - emotionally, physically and mentally.

Here at LBS, we're all about beauty from the inside out. There's but so much a pretty dress and red lipstick can do for you, if you don't feel good about yourself on the inside. Emotional health is often directly linked to physical health and vice versa. 

Photo Credit: Blisstree
So this month, I'm going to be focusing on being the absolute best I can be starting with clean, whole and fresh ingredients both for my diet as well as for my beauty routine. I've done everything from juice cleanses to the Master Cleanse to the Whole 30. The LBS Beauty Detox is really just about clean eating and focusing on fresh, whole ingredients. It's not super restrictive (I hate crazy restrictions, they never work for me) but it will require willpower and dedication. I'm combining some of my favorite cleanses including remnants of The Whole 30/Paleo diet and The Beauty Detox Solution (really great book I read about here)

Garlic-Chili Tilapia and Roasted Asparagus  
Here's what I'm consuming over the next 14 days
- Water (alot of it!)
- Fresh (organic) fruits 
- Fresh (organic) vegetables
- Lean (organic) protein

Here's what I'm avoiding:
- Alcohol
- Processed sugar
- Grains

Super simple! There's not alot to it. I've done this before for weeks at a time and it instantly makes me feel like a million bucks. When I did The Whole 30 last year, I started to see clearer skin, I dropped inches and I had SO much energy. The only real adjustment in the LBS Beauty Detox is that it is a little less restrictive, still allowing for legumes and dairy. Sound like something you might want to participate in? Feel free tag me @LoveBrownSugar using #LBSBeautyDetox so I can see what cool recipes and meals you're doing as part of the 14 day challenge. Good luck and good health!

Have you ever done a detox? If so, how did it go? 

Pin It!

1 comment: