Quantcast

Monday, July 6, 2009

Trend Alert: Convertible Chain Shades...FIERCE or Foolish??


Call me a Fashion Forecaster because I saw this one coming long before it was in stores!! I remember it like it was yesterday. It was about a year ago when I saw some old lady wearing her glasses with a nifty little chain around them. Mind you, I hadn't seen anyone actually wearing glasses with a string around them in AGES. And I turned to my BF and said, "Wouldn't it be cool if someone designed REALLY FLYY glasses with a blinged out chain on 'em?" And who did I mention rockin this first?? Your fashion highness, Mr. Kanye West. Well, low and behold Kanye didn't rock 'em first BUT his fashion-forward girlfriend Amber Rose was definitely spotted in these vintage Chanel shades on the street not too long ago. And now, if you like dishing $200 + for a pair, you can snag some too:


The dearly beloved Patricia Field is now selling these flashy specs for a hefty $250. If the mass-retailers know what's good for them, they'll catch on and start selling these buddies for about $10 a pop. They don't look that expensive to make. Hell, I might start making them! Anyway, until further notice check http://www.patriciafield.com/sunglasses.aspx to find these.

Sidenote: Please check the first product on the Patricia Fields "Sunglasses". Why the hell are these call "Ghetto" shades?? I feel like that's definitely politically incorrect HAHA. And why are the "Ghetto Shades" the CHEAPEST PAIR ON THE PAGE?? I'm mad at that...get it together Patricia.

Ghetto shades though??
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I actually love them. Rihanna rocked them last week too: http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2009/07/rihanna-phillippe/rihanna-philippe-chow-05.jpg

    and good job on predicting the trend!

    -shasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love them if they were not so thick. It's like the chain I use to keep track of my eye glasses. But my complexion and a thick chain is so 80s hood...

    ReplyDelete