Quantcast

Friday, October 12, 2012

VIDEO: Motown The Musical Coming To Broadway


So you guys know how much I STAN for the Motown era, right? I'm always down for a throwback moment and my taste in clothing is normally a mix of modern trends and retro 60's or 70's pieces. I'm also a die-hard Diana Ross fan (hence my obsession with her delightful spawn Tracee Ellis Ross).


The entire Motown era fascinates me beyond belief.  Movies like Dreamgirls, The Jackson Five and Sparkle? I live for them.  For those of you like me, I've got news that will make you dance (like bands)...

Motown The Musical is coming to life in early 2013! They will be kicking off the show on Broadway in NYC staring in March 2013. The show will chart Motown founder Berry Gordy's journey from featherweight boxer to heavyweight music mogul, launching the careers of music greats like Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye and more.

I can only imagine the faboosh retro fashions they're working on for costume production. And that hair will surely be laid. Can't wait!

Grab a sneak peek here:

For more info, check out the site: http://www.motownthemusical.com/

Anyone else hyped about this? Who's your favorite Motown artist?
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting discussion about the ticketing process for Broadway shows. The demand is certainly there. The key is to make the tickets as available as possible using the methods you mentioned in your post.

    Motown Tickets

    ReplyDelete