Quantcast

Friday, November 30, 2012

Flavor of Friday: Books, Biker Jackets & Beauty


Happy Friday y'all! As the month of "Thanks" is officially closing, I must say I'm thankful and proud to be part of a community of bloggers who go beyond the "blogger" title and truly inspire with their power moves. They're multi-talented, entrepreneurial, smart, and beautiful. An amazing representation of what women of color can do and who we can be. So, this "Flavor of Friday" is dedicated to them.

You Go, Girl

HUGE Congratulations to my girl Curly Nikki on the launch of her newest endeavor. Ms. Nikki Walton is now officially an author! Her new book "Better Than Good Hair" is now available for Presale HERE. She's also running an amazing giveaway for those who show their support - a Nook Color each week for 8 weeks and 2 iPad Minis. Find out more deets about that HERE. I put in my entry. (Who doesn't want an iPad Mini in life??). Congrats to Nikki - can't wait to check out her book!

Showing my support for Nikki's new book

She Can Transform Ya

You know those friends you constantly look to for inspiration? Everything they wear just seems to flow so eloquently and they're talented beyond words? Yep, that's my blogger boo Jessie Adore. Get into her. Aside from the fact that we're West Harlem neighbors, Jessie has the flyest style and the most amazing pieces in her closet. But wait...there's more! She actually designs - jewelry and now clothes. The latest of Jessie's creations is this 6-in-1 Transformer Jacket ($385) that is a convertible biker jacket that just...rocks.

There are no words. I'm putting in my pre-order asap. She's making these babies by hand and only in limited quantities so run, don't walk, to her inbox to place your order.


Beauty & Brains


If you're in the NYC area on December 5th, you MUST check out an amazing event being hosted by my girl Renae Bluitt of In Her Shoes Blog called "The Beauties & Brains Behind The Brands". Some of my favorite female entrepreneurs will be in attendance - Lisa Price of Carol's Daughter, Ginger & Liz of the eponymous nail lacquer line, Tia Williams of TheFlyCut, Tricia-Lee of Polish Bar Brooklyn and more. Alot of power in one fab place.


Go Glamazon, Go

Huge kudos to one of my fave bloggers Jessica Andrews of Glamazons Blog. We'll be seeing her pretty face on the blog more often now that she's opening up the site to include more outfit posts. I remember back when LoveBrownSugar first started and I was petrified of posting outfits and beauty tutorials for the world to see, but I really think it has enhanced my site overall despite my anxiety and fear of judgment. So happy to see more of us bloggers with different body types and styles embracing our style and showcasing it for the world to see.


Shop "LoveBrownSugar" Nail Lacquer

My LoveBrownSugar for LiSi Cosmetics Lacquer is still available on PRESALE guys! I started shipments this week and I'm quickly blowing through inventory (as in, I'll be sold out by next week and awaiting a new shipment!).

Get your BOTTLE HERE before they sell out! I appreciate your support!

I hope you guys had a faboosh November! I know posts on the site have slowed down a tad, but I promise it's for good reason. Next month and the impending year of 2013 are going to be amazing for LBS. Can't wait to show you guys all that's in store. 

In the meantime, what bloggers/blogs are you guys thankful for? Need to add a few more to my reader so put me on in the comments section below... 

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently loving your site of course and...

    Gabifresh - http://www.gabifresh.com

    Corals & Cognacs - http://coralsandcognacs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to check out a new beauty blogger on the scene over at http://www.afabtail.com

    ReplyDelete