Quantcast

Monday, August 10, 2009

Teen Choice Awards Fashion Highlights

So I wasn't extremely impressed by the fashions at the Teen Choice Awards. Dressing for the Teen Choice Awards is a bit strange because it's not formal but not exactly casual either. Case in point, some celebrities looked confused. But anyway since I wasn't really inspired, I've decided not to do a full countdown. There were a few highlights though...good and bad:

Keke Palmer

Keke Palmer, Teen Choice Awards

So here's my thing - I like the idea, I don't like the execution of the overall theme. I feel like she was going with a 40's glamour vibe, and I get that (although I think she's a bit young to be channeling this era). However, the sequined bolero jacket needed to be paired with something other than a skintight black jumpsuit. The jumpsuit looks great on Keke, I might add (considering some celebs try to pull off the jumpsuit that's 2 sizes too small). I love the cocktail ring and the red lips. It's the Teen Choice, not the Cotton Club though...lighten up!

Selena Gomez

I thought this drapey, one-shouldered KLS number on Selena was gorgeous. I wish the color was a bit more vibrant though, it washes her out. Considering its a Kimora Lee Simmons design, the color might've been made to flatter someone with a deeper skin tone. Despite that, it looks gorgeous on her. She needs to tighten up that messy bun though...


Lil' Mama


Lil' Mama, lil' mama....isn't that always how I begin my rants about her horrible fashion choices? First of all, this skirt makes her look like she pooped out feathers! Because it's attached to the top and the feathers start so low on the body, it seems unnatural and awkward. There's too much going on with that vest-like top (rhinestones, though??) and then she had the nerve to pair the outfit with lace-up peeptoe booties in the same shade?? Confused face.... :/
Heaven help her stylist.

Hayden Panetierre

Hayden looks so impeccable and Hollywood glam in this Zac Posen number. Again, not sure it was appropriate for the Teen Choice Awards, but she looks gorge!


Kim Kardashian


Ok, so Kim K. dyed her hair blond? Big Whoop! She looks like a J.Lo wanna-be now. Her dress is OK, her shoes are OK, her look is OK....I'm over it.

Jordan Brewster

I think Jordan Brewster really nailed this look. The dress fits amazingly well, the high ponytail with bangs is cute and her shoes are a perfect match. Stamp of approval!

Britney Spears

As a huge fan of the little black dress, I think Britney looks very sultry in this Roberto Cavalli minidress. I love the effect with the intertwined leather and sparkles. Very nice. Now about her hair....whomp whomp. She needed her weave tighter, and she needed to put some volume into those limp strands.

Ok, I'm done. What do you all think?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. The jumpsuit does fit Keke well, but overall the look it too much. Selena’s dress is nice, but she’s only 16, the look is way to mature for her. I’m not loving Kim’s hair at all. It takes about from her Persian (I think) beauty. Jordana and Hayden look great! Britney’s dress looks a little snug, and her hair looks like she just rolled out of bed.

    ReplyDelete