Quantcast

Monday, July 12, 2010

LBS Fashion Countdown: Lala & Carmelo's Wedding

 So some of you may know celebrity VJ Lala Vasquez and super star baller Carmelo Anthony got hitched this past weekend. They got married at Cipriani's on 42nd St in New York City and the event was jam packed with celebs so of course I have to voice my critique on the fashions. Let's start with the yacht pre-party:

 Carmelo and Lala had a yacht pre-wedding party in NYC the night before the wedding. The bride-to-be showed up in a black party dress with exposed seams and gold neckline...

I will say I like the neckline and the cutout at the shoulder, but I wasn't really impressed with this look on Lala. I thought, given it's a summer wedding, a brighter colored dress would've suited her well. On the contrary, Carmelo looked amazing!

 The celebs were out and about on the yacht cruise. Kim Kardashian in particular catches my eye. I love the assymetrical dress she chose for the boat ride. So, did they just give everyone a sailor hat? Cute!

Next, we're on to the wedding arrivals. First up, Kim K...

Of course upon first glance you think - wow, her body looks amazing! But what's new? I was really hoing Kim would give me a fashion moment outside of her usual body conscious Herve Leger look. But again, she defaults to the skin tight. If it ain't broke don't fix it,I guess. On another note, the shoes are FIERCE. Louboutin strikes again...

 I have to say I love this classy look on Kelly Rowland but I'm also yearning for a pop of color and a little more skin. I know it's an evening wedding, but it's still summer! For Kelly's look, I might have cut off the sleeves and added a bright coral statement necklace to the ensemble. I also would've gone for jeweled heels instead of leopard. It's a little too heavy for me...

So I was truly disappointed by Ciara's look for the wedding. I thought this look was giving more of a night on the town with the girls, instead of summer wedding chic. I'm not a fan of the color or the print unfortunately. I'm gonna have to give this look a foolish vote.

And last but not least, the lovely couple: Lala & Carmelo. Lala wore a strapless Vera Wang bridal gown with delicate layered chiffon. I thought it was a classy timeless piece. I actually got tipped off before the wedding that Lala would be wearing Vera. I met Carmelo's fashion stylist Khalilah Williams-Webb for a Honey Mag interview 2 weeks ago and she dished on what it's like styling for Carmelo, as well as a sneak peek at what Lala would be wearing. Peep the video below...

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I love Lala's dress. I'm a little disappointed in the celeb fashions. I know the are celebs, but I don't think skin-tight, too short dresses are appropriate for a wedding. I also think Kelly was inappropriately dressed for summer. Long sleeve? But, why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess celebs feel like they can wear whatever to a wedding huh? lol Kim was trying to snag her a man, that's why she wore that dress, lol

    www.southernfriedfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly I was disappointed in Lala’s wedding dress. It didn’t stand out to me. It looked very plain and safe. I thought Kim and Ciara were both inappropriately dressed, especially for a friend’s wedding. Did they want the entire spotlight on themselves? I think everyone’s yacht party looks were excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I wasn't loving Carmelo's tux choice, Lala's look is so soft and romantic, and the red bouquet gives it a little bit of glam!

    - Arianna

    P.S. Love the blog girl...I'll be coming back...check mine out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you tell me where Khalilah got that LOVE necklace from?? Ive been searching to no avail.

    ReplyDelete