Quantcast

Monday, June 6, 2011

Kickin' It: Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic


This past Sunday, June 5th in NYC, premier champagne company Vueve Clicquot hosted their annual Polo Classic competition. The Vueve Clicquot Polo Classic is an annual charity event held on New York's Governor's Island. It's completely open to the public and folks come out for champagne, picnic fun & people-watching.  I would describe it as a 3 hour version of the Kentucky Derby, with way more champagne. Folks came out in droves decked head to toe in preppy chic, big hats and penny loafers. Check out a few street chic snaps I shot while there:


Hats are a must at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. Big floppy ones for ladies were the norm. These classy chicks rocked wide-brimmed straw versions for the occasion.


For the fellas, fedoras and bowties were the norm. These fine gentleman, David and Adam, added in a pair of trendy shades and a pop of color for good measure.

Also reoccurring men's staples were tailored blazers and boat shoes. Here financial analyst Femi rocks his blazer with an oxford and slim tie.

This dapper attendee did a great job of mixing tailored staples with eye popping accessories.

Loved these leopard boat shoes! Like, I need a pair...

Remember when I told you ladylike accordion skirts were in? I fell in love with Marisa's southern belle-esque appeal. Floppy hat, romatic ruffles, a midi skirt and strappy heels. 

This lady in white, Ivie, rocked a romantic look with chic and dainty accessories. This tiered dress was everything. My eyes immediately fixed on her floral pumps, though.

Super cute, with a cork heel!

I found this lovely lady, Camille, as I was walking towards the ferry to head home. To my surprise, she recognized me! And she's a faithful LoveBrownSugar reader. I'm still floored and moved almost to tears when people recognize me. Great to know you folks out there really care about LBS!

And I snapped this pretty lady Bridgette donning a floral sweetheart dress and strappy heels. 

All in all, we had a blast! My friend Denise and I went for a mix of preppy and romantic with printed sun dresses and flats. Maybe next year we'll rock hats and heels.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment