Quantcast

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

LoveBrownSugar Chic: Mixed Media

So I'm officially obsessed with this leather dress from H&M (few seasons old). I wore it in an outfit post during NYFW and again earlier this season and I found yet another way to rock it with this outfit. Honestly, it's one of my favorite seasonal pieces because there are so many different ways to work it. This lovers+friends ($166.00) version is very similar. And if you're more of a skirt person, this Urban Outfitters ($99.00) version might strike your fancy.

I had been searching far & wide for a really awesome denim shirt. I found this one at American Apparel ($64.00) back in September and it's been holding me down. ASOS ($43.10) has a super cute version with a studded collar.

It's stretchy so I can wear it long or tie it at the waist and wear it cropped. Goes really well with leggings (my lazy day uniform) and pretty much anything else. It's also great for making dressy outfits a bit more casual.

So remember I told you about my backpack obsession this season? It's still going strong... 

I found this leopard & leather number at Urban Outfitters ($79.00) and we've been inseparable ever since.

The booties! Y'all know I love a good bootie for the fall/winter season. I snatched these up at Bare Feet Shoes, but they're available at a few different retailers. Find a few different colors at Zoo Shoo ($38.90) - super affordable and cute.

For the face, I've been really enjoying my new foundation & powder combo from Cover FX. They were nice enough to gift me a set of products at their last press event and I've been loving them ever since. I use their Total Cover Cream Foundation ($42) and Matte Setting Powder ($32) to get complete coverage that's light and natural-looking. I layered my LiSi Cosmetics Flushed Pressed Powder Blush ($7.90) on the cheeks for a hint of color, and topped it off with my MAC Ruby Woo ($15).

As for the curls, I achieved this look with a braid-out. As promised, later this week I'll be posting about my updated hair regimen including how I achieve this look and the products I used so stay tuned.

Photo Credit: Sandrine Charles (photosbysands)

Get The Look Here:

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That leather dress is SO good, and I love your wearing it as a skirt with denim. Throw in leopard and a pop of color, and I am in love!!

    ReplyDelete