Quantcast

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

LBS in LA: Essence Black Women in Music Event

 "I'm going going back back to Cali Cali...."

Yes yes y'all. Biggie-style, I'm headed back to LA! As you're reading this, I'm probably boarding the plane with a turban on and my overnight bag in tow. I had to get this announcement out before daybreak though - I couldn't hold back my excitement!

The Essence Black Women in Music event, taking place tonight, Wednesday February 6th will honor new musicians and style stars Solange Knowles and Lianne La Havas. Hosted by Grammy winner Kelly Rowland and Essence Editor-at-Large Emil Wilbekin, the two honorees will perform live sets for the occasion.
I'm beyond excited to attend as a special guest of Lincoln, who is the presenting sponsor of the event. Lincoln's all-new luxury midsize sedan, the 2013 MKZ, and the luxury full-size sedan, the 2013 MKS, are the official vehicles for Black Women in Music and will chauffer both songstresses to the red carpet. This is the fourth consecutive year that Lincoln and ESSENCE have collaborated for this chic invitation-only affair. I can't BELIEVE I'm getting the opportunity to attend!

Follow me at @LoveBrownSugar on Twitter and Instagram for up-to-the minute updates about the event. I'll be live-tweeting my entire trip including snaps of the red carpet, interviews, celebrity run-ins and last minute fashion & beauty choices before the big night. As of now, I'm still undecided on a dress! Got my shoes though, whoop whoop!

Join me on my second adventure to LA! I'll be tweeting live updates with hashtag #LincolnRedCarpet - wish me luck! (praying I don't hyperventilate when I run into my girl Solange)

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for you! Sounds like an amazing opportunity. I'll be glued to twitter all night. Can't wait to read your scintillating tweets!
    xO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of fun. I do have to say the girl in black and purple with hair all to one side looks like Lisa Bonet when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete