Quantcast

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Updates: Solange for Refinery 29

As a follow up to the Sneak Peek I issued the other day, Solange's shoot with Refinery 29 has finally been released. And the pics are gorgeous. Refinery29 spoke to Solo about her sense of style. Here's what she had to say:


Refinery 29: You've got such unique style, would you ever consider being involved in the family fashion business, House of Deréon?
Solange: "Why thank you very much! It's funny you ask because I initially was involved as the spokesperson, but the clothes just didn't reflect my personal style and I decided to hand that over. That's the great thing about my family. We work together so closely that if something's not working out, we can be honest about it and there won't be any grudges or issues. I wrote a couple of songs on my sister's last album and if there's a line she doesn't like, she changes it and we keep on moving. I will say though, they did just do a bedding line that I am extremely in love with and I was like, 'Can I model that... in my house?'"



Your nails are always a statement. Can you tell us about the wildest nail art you've tried?
"I went through a phase about two years ago where I had an extreme nail art addiction. I had British flag nails, ice cream cones, gold spikes...the whole nine yards. I still rock my nail art but with a little bit more simplicity now."


Do you have anything in your closet that you could never bear to throw away?
"Oh yes! A few things, but one in particular sticks out: A BCBG short, ruffled, floral, baby doll dress I've had since I was 16. I wore it at my wedding reception when I was 17. The waistline comes up to the middle of my boobs now, but I just can't let go of it. It's so perfect."


What's your best cheap score of late?
"A cream leather belt with a gold buckle I found at a vintage store in Santa Barbara for ten bucks. I wear it with everything now."


Read the full interview and view more pics over at Refinery29
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment