Quantcast

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Ramblings: Whip My Hair (Sesame Street Remix)

A few weeks ago, Sesame Street aired a new muppet skit featuring an African-American girl muppet with natural hair singing about how much she loves her hair. I thought it was absolutely adorable and empowering for young black girls. Well today, courtesy my web-obsessed boyfriend, I stumbled on this clip of the same little muppet rocking out with her natural hair, but this time she's "whippin' it" a la Willow Smith. Thought it was cute and timely considering Willow is finally debuting the long awaited music video for her hit single today. I'll be tuning in to see that one. Enjoy and whip that hair ladies! Happy Sunday...

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love the original video/song & I love the remix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that a white Male (I know right??) wrote this song for his adopted Ethiopian daughter how adorable.

    ReplyDelete