Quantcast

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ALDO + Elle Launch Party for Julian Louie Wedges

Last night marked the official launch of ALDO’s newest collaboration with designer Julian Louie and creative director of Elle Magazine, Joe Zee. At the ALDO store in downtown Soho, a collection of editors and bloggers were invited out for hors d’ouvres and cocktails to preview the new collection of Ikat wedges, and to meet the brainchild behind the operation – Joe Zee.
Deanna, $125
 I absolutely love the Ikat wedges. They come in 4 different color ways and two different styles. How amazing is this print?

Wendy Lam of Nitrolicious Blog
I bumped into Wendy Lam of Nitrolicious at the event. Love her blog! Isn’t she so petite and chic? Here's a pic of me at the event. 

Me at the ALDO + Elle Mag Launch event
 Right before heading to the event I stopped over at Sephora for some lipstick. The girls in the Makeup Forever area ended up giving me this amazing eye look. I wish I had a closeup of the eyes but needless to say, it was a very easy conversation starter at the event. I never wear this much color, but hey you have to live a little every once in a while, right?
Sobeslava, $125
  Courtesy ALDO Shoes, each guest was allowed a $50 shopping credit to scoop up a pair of their choice. And of course, I grabbed these up for my spring collection.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Joe Zee of Elle Magazine and chatting it up with him for a while. Take a look at what he had to say about the new collection release he spearheaded. 



 Love a good wedge and I love a good print! These shoes are perfection. Snatch a pair for yourself at one of the select locations nationwide. Click HERE for more info. 
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Love the shoes... and your make-up looks very cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wedges! It looks like it was made from ankara. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wedges are amazing! I also love your eye makeup! You definitely should recreate the look yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedges are amazing!!!! You look beautiful as always!

    IvonneStacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those shoes!!!!I just found your blog!!! I love to see amazing black women doing their thing!!! Check out Ma Vie en La Mode and let me know what you think!!!

    Love,

    Jasmine Sinclair
    mavielamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. THEM SHOES NASTY .....PERFECTION!!! LOVE THEM THEY MY KIND OF SHOE, (PERSONALITY TYPE SHOE....BYRD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. luv luv luv the shoes and ur makeup is HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those wedges are too fierce! I also love me some Joe Zee! Holla!
    -Kris

    http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to touch them once. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Minodora! I can't say they are the most comfortable shoes in my closet lol. But they sure are pretty!

      Delete