Quantcast

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fashion Week Flashback: Robert Verdi's Luxe Lounge

Photos courtesy Luxe Laboratory
Although it was only a month ago, NYFW Fall 2011 seems like it was so long ago. While prepping a story for UPTOWN, I came across these images of my day at the Robert Verdi Luxe Lounge during fashion week. Robert's Luxe Lounge is an oasis where editors, stylists and bloggers indulge in beauty treatments, enjoy cocktails and get a chance to test out and sample specialty Verdi-approved products and services.
Above I'm pictured with celebrity manicurist Dawn Sterling giving me a Ginger & Liz manicure.

Photos courtesy Luxe Laboratory
Here I am getting a tutorial about the NOOK Color. Just when you thought the NOOK couldn't get any better! I haven't snagged myself a tablet yet, but if I had to get one this would be it. It's the first full-color touch reader's tablet. I kept hearing rave reviews about it, and after getting to test drive it myself, I see what all the hype is about.

Photos courtesy Luxe Laboratory
I uncovered the coolest products via Robert Verdi. Here I am with another editor, sampling beauty products from Lifetherapy. They smelled amazing! I'm a sucker for good-smelling lotions. I think I'm obsessed actually.

Photos courtesy Luxe Laboratory
Here's Liz from Ginger & Liz getting her makeup done in the VISINE corner. Love that eyeshadow color.

Photos courtesy Luxe Laboratory
I also bumped into June Ambrose and her mini-me (daughter) getting their nails done. Isn't the little one adorable? This was right after the Vivienne Tam show. I sat right behind June and Deborah Cox and she told me all about her adventures with her daughter Sam. I really admire working moms that find time for the kids. That's no small feat!

Well, that's my little trip down memory lane for the day. Now back to work! Can't wait to go through those Luxe Lab doors again. It's a magical place.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Aww the pictures look great! I wish DC had things like this for us to Attend we are so behind the times at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time. Love Ginger's shadow for real! It's great with her skin tone.

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, looked like so much fun! Being pampered, testing products, socializing. Living the dream! lol :D

    -Kris

    http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete