Quantcast

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tracee Ellis Ross Spills Her Beauty Secrets

If you're obsessed with Tracee Ellis Ross like I am, you'll have an appreciation for this amazing Face Time article that writer Tina Turnbow of the NYTimes recently did of Dr. Carla Reed aka Joan Clayton aka Lady Diana's daughter. I heart Tracee. If you didn't know, now you know. I met her at the premiere for her BET show Reed Between The Lines, and I fell in love. Anyway, here's what she had to spill about her makeup & hair regimen:



TT: Can you tell me about a few products that you and Carla like?
TER: Our favorite lipstick colors are Nars Funny Face and Schiap, and Nars Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. For a natural lip, it’s all about Nars Blonde Venus. And from M.A.C, we like Ruby Woo and the Magenta lip pencil with a bit of lip balm. For mascara,Cover Girl Lash Blast in Very Black is the very best.

TT: How do you keep your hair so fabulous looking?
TER: When I’m not working, I spend a lot of time on my hair. When it’s time for my hair to get some rest, I either wear it in a ponytail, bun or my favorite “milkmaid” braid. My everyday essentials are Kim Kimble satin rubber bands, Bumble and Bumble Quenching Complex leave-in conditioner, Aestelance Hydrate leave-in conditioner. When slicking my hair into a clean pony, bun or braid, I mix a little Moroccanoil with water and smooth it on. The shampoo and conditioners I use depend on how I’m styling my hair — that list is reeeally extensive.

For more about her skincare and beauty regiment, get into the full NYTimes article here.

Also, check out the season finale of BET's Reed Between the Lines tonight at 10PM EST! Word on the street is, Anthony Anderson makes a guest appearance. Plus, I'm sure Tracee will be rocking some head-turning outfits for the finale epi.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE HER!!! She is my hairspiration lol!! Thanks for posting this.

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tracee too! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is definitely one of my faves.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! i love tracee--her style is so effortless. and her hair, ugh! LOVE!!

    ~nic

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog! following you now...
    visit my blog for my international new year giveaways!!!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

    kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete