Quantcast

Monday, January 2, 2012

How To Create A Vision Board: Part III


Happy New Year everyone! Can you believe it's 2012 already? I'm so incredibly happy you guys have been my faithful readers for another year and I'm wishing you the utmost success & happiness in 2012. So far Ive instructed you on how to make a vision board (Part I) and I've showed you how it helped me (Part II). To close out my How To Create A Vision Board series, I'm shining the spotlight on you! I had an open call for people to submit pictures and stories of how they did their own vision boards, and how they've achieved success. I received some amazing submissions from three special ladies. Here they are:

Ty of GorgeousInGrey.com writes:


I just read your post and I wanted to share a picture of my mini vision board that I created on my journal. I wanted to be filled with positive vibes so I put different words and things on the inside of my journal.


I even put the logo to our local newspaper, just because it was the letter b and my former last name is Brown. So I started actually reading the paper and thought about contributing.. about 4 months later I emailed the editor with ideas and I'm now a freelance writer for them.


Mia Anita of Bigger Than Hair and The Style Edit writes:

My board focuses A LOT on career paths and professional goals and desires. It has a touch of spiritual and romance but not as much as the financial, career, etc.


Last year when I still lived in L.A., I had a vision board party for my close friends. I didn't tell them what we were doing, I just led them to believe it was a normal girls night event I usually had but just with a bunch of magazines. I then revealed what we were doing and we got to cutting. The process of creating the vision board really put into perspective of a persons goals or lack thereof. It makes you sit back and began a goal oriented thinking process that everyone doesn't do automatically.

Blake of BlakeVonD writes:


I'm submitting a pic of my vision JOURNAL. I wanted to give the traditional vision board a little twist (see her post here). I like this idea because I can carry it around with me AND write down things that are important to me/pertain to those goals. I love the idea of having them in the same place. And I can add to it as the year goes on! :)

And there you have it ladies & gents! If the vision board concept can work for them, it can work for you. Do what suits your lifestyle best. Just remember to stay focused and all your dreams & desires will come true for you - one after another.

P.S. If you're a fellow blogger, check out my post on IFB - 5 Tips For Creating a Blog Vision Board That Works. Similar to my series, but more focused on blog goal-setting!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Awwh thanks so much for sharing. I see Blake and I are on the same page!!

    XOXO
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea! Plus its a daily reminder of where youre headed. I think I'll make one!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and I appreciate you so much for sharing this! From parts 1 and 2 I was inspired to do a vision board as well! I missed the deadline but her is my blog post w/ a video blog explaining my board. You got a shout out in the video btw :)

    http://lgilifeandfitness.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-very-first-video-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the article- I'm inspired to make my own pininterest collage right now :) Best wishes for 2012!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic article! So much so, I was inspired to make my own vision board too - lovin' your blog here - will definitely visit more often in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! I am looking forward to going through my magazines to create my vision board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am thankful to you for sharing this awesome post with this helpful knowledge about
    Vision Board .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info, I will be looking forward to more info from you. I haven't did that before but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step... Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete