Quantcast

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LoveBrownSugar Chic: Harlem Daze


The other night at a friend's house, I sat and watched Eddie Murphy's 1989 film "Harlem Nights". I found myself paying absolutely no attention to the dialogue and being engrossed in the amazing costume design. Sometimes I think in my former life, I was a speakeasy regular during the late 20's. Diamond headpiece and feather boa included.


Living in such a historic neighborhood for black culture like Harlem, I find myself wandering the streets of Striver's Row to marvel at the century-old brownstones and picturing myself at a cocktail with the likes of Zora Neale Hurston or Langston Hughes.



Leather Dress: H&M. Wool Cape: Zara (On sale $39.99, Zara.com). Bag: Elliot Luca (similar look here for $128). Watch: Michael Kors. Shoes: Steve Madden (buy here - only $41.98). Necklace: Street Vendor (similar Modcloth version, $14.98). Ring: Versace for H&M (similar).

Photography by Ugonna Igweatu
Pin It!

24 comments:

  1. Love you outfit! Especially the cape and the bag.

    http://sagaofafatshionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love harlem nights. I've always wondered what the roaring 20s was like. Love the outfit by the way..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love going to Harlem - so vibrant and alive! Great outfit, you look so serious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am LOVING this entire outfit. SO sophisticated & urban all in one swope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, you look so posh and classy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love EVERything about that outfit from head to toe!! SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give me that cape!LOL!Sooo classy.U look regal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress & cape doll....FAB!!

    BLEURGH
    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this look is EVERYTHING Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Cape fever and this one is Hot <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing cape, amazing dress!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. <3 this cape.

    This cape > everything else

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stunning! I love your hairstyle, and that cape is amazing as well :) Great post!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are rocking that cape! This looks like a movie set for a Harlem old school movie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look absolutely fabulous! I LOVE your leather dress and the cape is so elegant and chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All I have to say is work it girl! You look fierce. That bag looks great with that cape.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can’t believe this, she is a module I think she looks like a vampire but yes her dress, jackets, boot, and handbags they are superb. Can you achieve my one suggestion so please change your module?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow good hand bag I like it. Actually I always watch in fashion site because there is variety type of beautiful things is available.

    ReplyDelete