Quantcast

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

LBS Beauty: My Everyday Look


As you guys know, I'm no beauty guru. I'm a novice at best. But over the course of the last few years since my interest in makeup has grown, I've developed a few tips, tricks & product faves of my own. I can now say I have a steady arsenal of drugstore (and a few pro) makeup products I love. Cheap & chic. So, here it is. My simple, everyday makeup look:


1. Face: First I start out with a spot clean. I use Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue concealer to dab under the eyes and over any other problem areas.



2. I complete the base with Makeup Forever HD foundation & Mac Oil Control lotion. (Over the summer, my Twitter fam suggested I use this combination as a tinted moisturizer and I've been hooked ever since!) It gives me a clean finish, it's not cakey and it's moisturizing without being super oily.


3. Cheeks: Next I add just a slight hint of color on my cheeks. I use Stila One Step color. I love this product because it triples as an eye, lip and cheek tint. Works best for me as a light blush.



4. Eyes: I move on to the eyes next with an eyeshadow primer and a nice neutral in either frosty brown or beige. Those colors work well with my complexion and they're neutral enough for work but fancy enough for after-work drinks. I'm in love with Urban Decay's YDK eyeshadow. It's a great frosty beige.



Optional: Sometimes I line my eyes with cream black shadow - just to make my eyes more pronounced. Depends on my mood as well as the richness of my lip shade. The deeper my lip shade, the less likely I'll be to line my eyes.

5. Lashes: I finish the eye look with a nice defining mascara like Covergirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara. I have pretty long lashes already so I normally spring for a "defining" or "curling" mascara as opposed to a lengthening one. (I save the dramatic mascara for special occasions)



6. Lips: To add some pop to my everyday, I spring for a statement lip. More times than not, I'll do a red with a matte or creamy satin finish. From time to time I'll switch up with a berry lip or a pink pout. But red is a classic. On this particular day, I went with Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Fifth Avenue Fuschia.


For tips on getting a smooth, perfect pout - check out my Top 5 Tips for Kissable Lips!


I start out by applying moisturizer, then lining my lips (or using a lip brush to trace my outer lips with my lipo color first), then I fill in with my color of choice and blot off the excess and I'm out!

What's your everyday regimen? What do you do different? Soundoff below!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Love the face girl!
    My makeup regimen only involves the eyes and lips most days! I line my eyes with Elf liquid eye liner, use Maybelline Great Lash (love it), Mary Kay icicles (gold shimmer the perfect mix of matte and sparkly), and on the lips Carmex with a hint of WetnWild bronze brown lip! That's it! On the weekend I touch the face with tinted moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Like you, I have only recently gained a huge interest in makeup and have been adding to my makeup bag on a regular. I usually like to keep it simple (lipstick, mascara, and powder), but I'm experimenting with color (red lips and bold eyes), which I love! Urban Decay's Baked Bronzer is one of my most recent purchases and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, this is great post. You talked about a lot of products I've got to check out and I really enjoy your everyday! Cuz your still fancy Ma!

    www.thickdaddys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I usually use studio finish mac concealer to cover up any blemishes. I then go over that with Imani loose powder. Apply Maybelline lash stilletto and last apply a lip gloss, which is usually from the beauty supply store.

    Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute!!
    http://worldoffashionandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for sharing your regimens!

    @Glenys I absolutely love Urban Decay anything. Their primer and shadows are amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TheStyleandBeautyDoctor Thanks Danielle! I learned from the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy peasy and gorgeous. Beautiful look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After make-up her face is looking good and her hair style is not bad. All are good for fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you don’t mind but I don’t like this module, she is looks not good but her make-up is not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are looking so beautiful and your hair is good but your smile is so sweet. I am so happy about see you.

    ReplyDelete