As you guys know, I'm no beauty guru. I'm a novice at best. But over the course of the last few years since my interest in makeup has grown, I've developed a few tips, tricks & product faves of my own. I can now say I have a steady arsenal of drugstore (and a few pro) makeup products I love. Cheap & chic. So, here it is. My simple, everyday makeup look:
1. Face: First I start out with a spot clean. I use Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue concealer to dab under the eyes and over any other problem areas.
2. I complete the base with Makeup Forever HD foundation & Mac Oil Control lotion. (Over the summer, my Twitter fam suggested I use this combination as a tinted moisturizer and I've been hooked ever since!) It gives me a clean finish, it's not cakey and it's moisturizing without being super oily.
3. Cheeks: Next I add just a slight hint of color on my cheeks. I use Stila One Step color. I love this product because it triples as an eye, lip and cheek tint. Works best for me as a light blush.
4. Eyes: I move on to the eyes next with an eyeshadow primer and a nice neutral in either frosty brown or beige. Those colors work well with my complexion and they're neutral enough for work but fancy enough for after-work drinks. I'm in love with Urban Decay's YDK eyeshadow. It's a great frosty beige.
Optional: Sometimes I line my eyes with cream black shadow - just to make my eyes more pronounced. Depends on my mood as well as the richness of my lip shade. The deeper my lip shade, the less likely I'll be to line my eyes.
5. Lashes: I finish the eye look with a nice defining mascara like Covergirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara. I have pretty long lashes already so I normally spring for a "defining" or "curling" mascara as opposed to a lengthening one. (I save the dramatic mascara for special occasions)
6. Lips: To add some pop to my everyday, I spring for a statement lip. More times than not, I'll do a red with a matte or creamy satin finish. From time to time I'll switch up with a berry lip or a pink pout. But red is a classic. On this particular day, I went with Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Fifth Avenue Fuschia.
For tips on getting a smooth, perfect pout - check out my Top 5 Tips for Kissable Lips!
I start out by applying moisturizer, then lining my lips (or using a lip brush to trace my outer lips with my lipo color first), then I fill in with my color of choice and blot off the excess and I'm out!
What's your everyday regimen? What do you do different? Soundoff below!