Quantcast

Monday, December 10, 2012

My Instaweek 12.10.12

Happy Monday y'all! Hoping you guys had fab weekends filled with holiday cheer, shopping sprees and cupcakes. No? Me either lol. See below for my weekly recap:

Holiday Fetes

'Tis the season for festive cocktails & chic attire. I party-hopped to quite a few holiday parties last week.  One was the Miss Jessie's annual holiday party. Love me some Miss Jessie's. Founders and fab sisters Titi and Miko were both in attendance.

Miko of Miss Jessie's & I (Photo c/o Glamazons Blog)
DJ DimePiece (who's gorgeous by the way) was on the 1's & 2's, and my fave bloggers and editors were in attendance shimmying down to the tunes. The Miss Jessie's salon in Soho is absolutely gorgeous. Any shindig that has me surrounded by curly hair products from wall to wall is a helluva party in my book.
Me & Gia of Curly Girl Collective
I opted for a sheer blouse, a plum lip and a top knot for the occasion. 

I also sashayed up and through the Nylon Pop-Up Shop launch event at 72 Gansevoort St, NYC. They're hosting their pop-up shop all month. They had everything from mini manicures courtesy Essie, beauty makeovers by Smashbox, cupcakes by Georgetown Cupcakes (why are these SO good??), to cocktails by Svedka and Suntory Whisky. Nylon did an amazing job of vetting out some amazing brands for their shop. You should totally check it out!

Sugar & Spice

So you guys already know I'm obsessed with my new "LoveBrownSugar" nail lacquer for LiSi Cosmetics. I've been finding cool ways of mixing. the polish with fun holiday trends like glitter polish  and nail appliques, and so have other folks. Coming up this week will be a Style.Play.Polish post about how to create the glitter-tipped look so stay tuned.
Left: My nails | Middle: LBS Assistant Grace | Right: Danielle Young of Hello Beautiful
Speaking of "mixing", I been cooking! Yes, your girl is finally embracing the pot & pan. I guess now that I'm getting older, I feel like I need to pick up the torch and start contributing more than just brownies and sugar cookies at the family holiday parties. So this weekend I made a southern meal for myself and my roomies. Fried chicken, macaroni & cheese and green beans. (*pats self on back*). And now I'll proceed to the gym to burn off those calories. Deep sigh. (It was good though y'all. Real good.)

What did you guys get into this weekend? Do tell!
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment