Quantcast

Friday, January 21, 2011

Flavor of Friday: 365 New Things

Inspired by a number of sources, at the beginning of this year I decided to embark on a new challenge for myself. A 365 day challenge to be exact.You may have seen photographers and bloggers alike embark on year-long challenges like this before, all based around a year-long commitment. I first saw one of these in action over at Apricot Tea's blog some time ago. 

Ev'Yan of Apricot Tea
 She embarked on the project as part of her personal development in photography and now once again in 2011 she's doing the project as a renewed commitment to her blog. Love it! Check out her Project 365.

Tales of Twipics Past Collage, NYFW SP'11
Anyway, my 365 challenge is similar but slightly different. I'm the type of girl who thrives on variety, so my challenge this year will be about discovering 365 New Things. I know it sounds crazy, but considering all the things there are to do and see in this world, I think committing myself to discovering a measly 365 of them shouldn't be too hard. Once a month, similar to my Tales of Twitpics Past collage above, I'll be filling you all in on 30 new things I've discovered. So far, I've learned about 5 new recipes, gone a few places I've never been and tried a few products I've never tried before. Stay tuned for my update at the end of January! (Of course with beauty products alone, I can knock out 75% of this challenge off the bat, right? I kid.)


What about you guys? Embarking on any year-long challenges in 2011?
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds really great, it's fun to try new things especially this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. am all for it. Cant wait!
    Do you think maybe adventures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you imagine if you bought 365 new beauty products in one year? You would need a dresser for them all, and an extra job.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's cool.

    Now I want to try a 365 challenge, have to go think of something I can actually do 365 days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on her blog and figured I could do the same but I'm failing miserably at this challenge. Anyway, I wish you well on your challenge. I'm looking forward to future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope hadn't really considered it until I read this post. I really want to but they would all be about what I'm learning in grad school since that takes up most of my time..yawn, lol. Thanks for sparking the idea. I'm going to ponder a way to tweak this for my life and see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey quick question!

    Do you know of any designers in the NJ / NY area that would be interested in doing a fashion show in NJ in March???

    If so, please hit me up through email!
    mymodestmouth@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good idea! look forward to seeing what new things you discover upon :)

    ReplyDelete