Quantcast

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kickin' It: NYFW BlogHer Style Luncheon


On Thursday, February 9th, I was invited by Kathryn Finney of The Budget Fashionista to take part in the very first BlogHer Style Luncheon. Kathryn invited a group of bloggers to take part in an intimate luncheon so that we could network, celebrate the kickoff to NY Fashion Week and also preview The Strand Hotel's newest Fashion as Food menu offering. I had an absolute blast. Here's a brief recap of the festivities:


Upon arriving, we were all greeted with individual place settings and the menu of the day which included The Strand's newest lunch offering; a Food as Fashion Menu. The specialized menu curated by chef Kelvin Fernandez features different courses inspired by fashion icons like Karl Lagerfeld for example. Each course had a special dish and a cocktail to accompany.


I sat next to the lovely Claire Sulmers of The Fashion Bomb. Don't you love her bright purple top? Tres chic. Make sure you guys are checking her site for NYFW content, she's everywhere!


Nikki Ogun of InStyle, Claire Sulmers of TheFashionBomb & Me

Kathryn Finney of The Budget Fashionista, Patrice Yursik of Afrobella
 I was so incredibly happy to be in the company of bloggers like Kathryn of TheBudgetFashionista and Patrice of Afrobella! These are two ladies I look up to and adore. They are the epitome of blogger stars and they always stay true to who they are. Definitely something I strive for.


For the occasion, I chose to don a black dress with leather detailing from Damn You Alexis. One of my hidden gems, they have some amazing classic pieces for curvy girls. Be sure to check them out!


Each guest was gifted an amazing vintage powder compact handpicked by Kathryn herself. Vintage is my fave, so you know I was hyped.


More to come from New York Fashion Week events! Today, I'm live-tweeting for NaturallyCurly.com and they're Texture on the Runway event, so be sure to follow me @LoveBrownSugar and check out www.TextureOnTheRunway.com for live updates!
Pin It!

1 comment: