Quantcast

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kickin' It: Texture on the Runway Recap


If you guys follow me on Twitter you probably saw me yapping away last Saturday about #texturerunway - the event hosted by NaturallyCurly.com to celebrate curls for New York Fashion Week. I was chosen as one of the digital influencers to recap the event via Twitter for the livestream hosted on TextureontheRunway.com 



Taren Guy of Youtube, Natasha Betty of Asili Glam, Dickey of Hair Rules

Some of my favorite curl brands sponsored the event held at City Winery in downtown NYC. Dickey of Hair Rules was there - love him! See HERE for my blowout video with him last year. Also sponsoring the event was Arrojo Salon, new curl brand Curls Unleashed, Minardi Color Care and Matrix.



I bumped into quite a few of my favorite bloggers/vloggers. Taren Guy of Youtube channel Taren916 was a co-host along with Naturally Curly founder Michelle Breyer.

Fran of natural hair blog Hey Fran Hey
Don't you love Fran of Hey Fran Hey's curls? And her maxi dress was so amazing.



Special appearances by natural celeb Kim Coles and blogger extraordinaire Afrobella.


Social media addicts were everywhere! Curly girls Natasha Betty of Asili Glam and Alicia of Beauty Champagne love them some Twitter.


Amber of Brown Bombshell Beauty, Sharontina of The Runway Times and SanTara of The Gorgeous Ingredient rock their curls at Texture on the Runway.

Michelle Breyer, Taren Guy


All in all, I had an absolute blast. From the fierce hair do's represented in the building to the merging of fashion & fros, I'm truly looking forward to the next Texture on the Runway event!

Check out more photos in my Texture on the Runway Photo Album on Facebook!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love everybody's hair!!! I can't wait until mine get to be this length!!! Looks like you all had fun!

    E. Louise

    www.shapelylouise.com

    ReplyDelete