Quantcast

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic: H&M Fashion Against AIDS

 As you all know I'm a HUGE proponent of fashion initiatives that benefit the greater good in some way, shape or form. A while back I posted about the ASOS Africa collection and how it benefits fair labor practices in Africa. People like to demean the relevance of fashion and the industry because it allegedly isn't "curing cancer" or "saving lives" but I beg to differ. Not only is fashion therapeutic but there are also tons of initiatives out there that use fashion as a means to raise funds that support real issues - AIDS being a huge one. So, everyone's favorite low priced retailer H&M has taken it upon themselves to introduce for the 3rd consecutive year - Fashion Against Aids; an entire line of clothing devoted to raising money for AIDS research. I'm absolutely in love with every piece...

(Tunic, $34.95)
When I first saw this tunic, my eyes widened to twice normal size. I'm absolutely in love with the color and the lace outer lining. Reminds me of the Abu Dhabi scenes in Sex & The City 2 Movie! Anyone seen it yet?
(Sandals, 24.95)
As a huge fan of tribal print, I can so appreciate these flats. They're the perfect statement piece to jazz up any summer outfit.
(Dress, $24.95)
I love the girly, ruffly silhouette of this piece. And let's not even talk about the print. Peach zebra print?! I die...

(Men's Tshirt, $12.95)
I see myself rocking this one with jean cutoff shorts a few wooden bangles and jeweled flats. Again,loving the print!

I was able to snag a few pieces of my own. Two of my favorites: the printed harem pants and the zebra braided necklace...



Here's a twitpic of me rocking both:

I decided to hike up my harems and tuck a transparent black top into them. My fave peeptoe booties and the zebra necklace top off the look! Below is a promo video from H&M's fashion vids about the collection...


ATTENTION: This collection is Limted Edition! So make sure you snab your pieces now, before it's too late. Check HM.com for locations.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! and I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea the dress is BADD!!! how much was the necklace???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love fashion against aids.. Absolutley fab collection and great thought behind it

    htt://3ese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete