|Right: Artist Jennifer Hudson, Left: Beauty Guru Sam Fine|
10. Get Brow-Savvy. Sam says: "Lightening brows can make the skin appear more golden, especially for those with bleached or light colored hair." When asked which brow product is better - pencil or powder - he responded "both". Pencils are great for filling in creases and giving that waxy effect, while powder is great for correcting small imperfections.
9. Practice Makes Perfect. Sam says: "Think about the one makeup item you're not using - it's usually the product you can use most!" Don't be afraid to experiment with new types of makeup. It always pays off!
8. Trial and Error. Sam says: "Whether it's lip color, shadow or foundation, it's all about trial and error." Try and try again until you find your perfect match. Also, don't be afraid to take products back to the store. Save the receipt and you're good to go.
7. Stay Focused. Sam says: "The same way you shouldn't go grocery shopping when you're hungry, don't go beauty shopping without a focus!" If you're heading to Sephora for red lipstick, don't make your way into the mascara section. Stay on target so you don't end up with a cart full of products you won't use.
6. Mix & Match. Sam says: "Just because you use one brand's foundation or powder, doesn't mean you have to stick with that brand's everything else!" Mix high end products with low end and feel free to stick with brands who do best in one category.
5. Refresh Regularly. Products like mascara should be replaced every 3-4 months. Sam says: "Just because you have it doesn't mean you should hold onto it. Like milk, it expires!"
4. Bronzer is Your Friend. A mass majority of women who wear makeup still aren't privy to the benefits of a good bronzer. When rocking a deep red lip, for example, Sam recommends bronzer instead of bright colored blush! Sam says "It gives a hint of color without overpowering."
3. Guys Can Do It Too. For men who are interested in a flawless look, Sam raves about using primer and powder for a natural appeal. Don't be scared!
2. Be a Leader, Not a Follower. Sam says: "Don't follow trends! Do what works for you regardless of what the 'industry' says is in." It's cool to try a new color because it popped up on the runway, but don't feel obligated to get into products that just aren't right for you.
1. Rule #1: There Are No Rules! Regarding makeup "rules", Sam says: "There are none! Trial and error is the best way to learn." What works for one person won't always work for another. Makeup is an expression of your personality, so play around with it and have fun!
Sam's Drugstore Product Recommendations: Eucerin Aquaphor, Covergirl Queen Collection, Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion, L'Oreal HIP Eyeshadows, Iman Luxury Pressed Powder.
For more info on Sam Fine Beauty, check out his Website:: Facebook:: Twitter