Quantcast

Sunday, February 12, 2012

NYFW Fall 2012 Day 1: Sightings, Shows, Soirees, Street Style

Hey all! Here in NYC, we're in the thick of New York Fashion Week and my head hasn't stopped spinning yet. Below is a brief recap of what I got into on Friday, and  Here goes:

Sightings


At the Nicole Miller F/W 2012 show, I spotted legendary model Beverly Johnson front row. What an honor to meet her!



Backstage, I got a snap of designer Nicole Miller who showed some awesome 70's-inspired pieces for her Fall/Winter 2012 collection. 


Also spotted Wendy Lam of Nitrolicious backstage.

Shows


I was giddy for Rebecca Taylor, Rebecca Minkoff, and Nicole Miller on Friday. All three shows gave me life. stay tuned for the full show reviews soon.

Street Style


I didn't have my camera with me on Friday but thankfully Essence Street Style snapped a shot of me on my way out of the tents. I was rocking my new fave Zara cape, a Damn You Alexis dress, Steve Madden pumps, and my Elliot Luca bag. Check it out HERE at Essence.com


Soirees



On Friday evening, LuLus.com hosted a really cute Blogger Style party at the Openhouse Gallery in Soho. Filled with Hypnotiq Harmonie-sponsored cocktails, free beauty giveaways, raffles and items, each guest went home with a FREE fashion piece courtesy Lulus.com. I was too hyped!

Annika Harris, Carmen Blakely
Some of my blogger besties were in attendance for the festivities.

Danielle Young, Kai-Lee Parker

More elaborate posts are to come - promise! Also, check out my write-up on the Heart's Truth Red Dress Collection over at VIBE Vixen HERE.

Follow me on Twitter @LoveBrownSugar for more updates!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. i like the rebecca taylor and rebecca minkoff collections.
    -http://urbanfashionisto.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore you! Hope you're having a tremendous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! Loved you in that cape too!

    www.BrillianceOfB.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun!! I want to attend nyfw one day!

    ReplyDelete