Quantcast

Friday, August 27, 2010

Best of Beauty: Jasmine's Birthday Treats

So it’s practically the end of summer and the beginning of transition time for fall weather. Though we might be switching up the closet and swapping maxi dresses for chunky cardigans, our beauty products are still in rotation! Beauty correspondent (and my bestie) Jasmine who was responsible for the Spring Beauty Trends lineup, got an amazing gift for her birthday this month. As the beauty junkie of our group, it only made sense that this year instead of money or other gifts, she requested a beauty basket. A personalized gift basket is one of the more creative and thoughtful gift ideas for any occasion because you can combine the items that people want, need and love into one nice package. Another plus: you can tailor it to fit your budget!

Inside Her Basket: A Hanae Mori butterfly roller ball, Essie protein base coat and Essie To Dry For top coat, Josie Maran argan oil and moisturizing stick, Sephora by Opi Chic Prints for nails, True Blue Spa Beauty Booties moisturizing gel socks/soothing socklets, HEMPZ herbal moisturizer, Fresh Sugar Lychee eau de parfum rollerball, Carol’s Daughter Sweet Honey Dip Chocolate Brown Sugah Scrub, Bath & Body Works aromatherapy pillow mist in sleep - lavendar vanilla.

Here's Jasmine’s personal rundown of the standout products thus far…


1. Josie Maran argan oil moisturizing stick: It took a scar on my elbow from scary to barely there! I used it liberally on the scar whenever I remembered, and it reduced the appearance of the scar so much that I almost can’t find it.The mixture of Vitamin E and fatty acids in the oil do wonders for the skin and can help with a number of skin ailments including sunburns, bug bites, and dry skin. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a natural moisturizer, especially one that’s portable and affordable. At only $6 for a mini tube and $22 for the larger lipstick-lookalike tube, who could live without this miracle stick? Shop Josie Maran


2. Sephora by Opi Chic Prints for nails: They are the brainchild of the brilliant people behind Minx for those of us who want to stay on budget. I tried the decals in tiger print and after my first horrible attempt, I got the idea that you have to file them to fit your nails and they ended up looking like this (pictured above). I was definitely pleased with the results and would buy again for those times when I’m not in the mood to go to the salon. And they come in different designs including chrome lace, stars and fishnet. Anyone who rocks these will definitely be getting stopped for compliments. Shop Sephora


3. Carol’s Daughter Sweet Honey Dip Chocolate Brown Sugah Scrub: It smells like an amazing dessert the second you pop the lid open. The real brown sugar crystals in the scrub made me forget for two seconds that I was supposed to put it on my skin and not in my stomach. And like all of the line’s products, this one is all natural. The oil and sugar crystals slough away the dead skin and leave your skin supple and smooth. I think it’s a great way to de-stress after a long week. Shop Carol's Daughter


4. And finally there was the Fresh Sugar Lychee Eau de Parfum, which is standing out for another reason. It is the only gift that I am planning to exchange out of the basket. The concept sounded great and it could possibly be the right scent for another girl, but I couldn’t see or smell myself putting this perfume on. If anything, it taught me that when shopping for a scent for yourself you cannot underestimate the importance of testing the scent on your own body. The Fresh line has a number of amazing products that I love but this one did not fit anywhere in my beauty regimen. I’ll probably exchange it for more Smith’s Rosebud Salve or some kind of red lipstick.

So that’s my beauty basket review! What products are must-haves in your beauty basket?
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. looooove this post!!! I will be running to Sephora to purchase the printed nails! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also bought an argan oil hair mask and currently have the josie maran argan oil and I plan to use both for a month to see if they really help hair and skin...hopefully i can do a post on that experience too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely plan on getting the Josie Maran argan oil moisturizing stick. I got to see Jasmine's scar first hand and it was definitely NOT pretty. The next time I saw her you honestly would have never known she had a scar at all.

    ReplyDelete