Quantcast

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic: Jamila Jo Jewelry

 If you're anything like me, you go giddy for statement accessories. There's something so special to me about finding just the right standout accessory to make your outfit pop. A good friend of mine has started a new jewelry line called Jamila Jo and as a supporter of up and coming indie designers, I was delighted to see how delicate and desirable her new collection is. Let's indulge, shall we?

 Shani describes the line stating "Jamila Jo is best described as a lyrical paradox. It is a mixture of masculine and feminine, trendy and classic, hip hop and gospel, natural and industrial."

 Using natural stones like druzy quartz, greenrock, and turquoise, the line's influences from nature and simple silhouettes give a fresh and pure feel to the pieces.

Here are a few of my faves:

I'm a huge fan of turquoise, in case you weren't aware. Evidenced by my previous posts, I'm quite a fiend for it. So I absolutely love this piece. The Pocahontas retails at only $15 and It's simple, precious, unadulterated turquoise. Just beautiful.

 And last but not least is the....get this...Brown Sugar ($40) ring! Isn't that just perfect? I love that it actually looks like brown sugar, and it's cute! 

Check out more of Jamilo Jo Jewelry at their Website | Shop | Tumblr | Flickr
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment