Quantcast

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kickin' It: IFB Conference Fall 2011

 Hey folks! Phew, what a whirlwind week and it's not even over yet! While I'm running around like a madwoman for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, I've had absolutely no time to fill you guys in on my whereabouts but I promise the neglect will soon cease! By Thursday, things will have slowed down and I'll be posting away about all my expeditions this season. In the meantime, here's a brief recap of my FAB time at the IFB Conference:

 This was my third season attending the Independent Fashion Blogger's conference and I had a blast. It's such a great time to meet people in the blogosphere that you communicate with regularly online but never get to see face to face! 

Karen of WhereDidUGetThat & I
I had the opportunity of bumping into Karen of WhereDidUGetThat while at the conference. She's such a sweetheart, and I absolutely adore her street style! Check out her blog, it does NOT disappoint.

I also had the chance to catch up with the lovely Gabi Gregg of Young, Fat & Fabulous. We had a ball at the conference. Gabi is also MTV's first-ever Twitter Jockey and she tweets for them over at @MTVTJ so make sure to keep up with her celebrity sightings and pop culture gab on Twitter. I also have the pleasure of FINALLY meeting Vahni of Grit & Glamour. Love her posts but we'd never met! And I also bumped into my namesake Christina, of Profreshstyle. As soon as I find a pic of her outfit, I will post. She looked amazing.

Pic snapped for Shopbop's Best Dressed Blogger contest.
 This year's conference, held at Milk Studios NY was extremely informative for new, and even established bloggers who wanted to learn and get feedback about how to make their blogs better. Sponsors included Shopbop, who hosted a really cool "Best Dressed Blogger" contest at their booth. TheFind, who provided the amazing goodie bags, and so many more! Special thanks to Jennine of The Coveted and Jess of Bits of Banter over at IFB for allowing me the opportunity to work behind the scenes during the conference. I got a chance to take video interviews of amazing bloggers for a video recap that the folks at IFB are working on. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

If you're a fashion blogger and you haven't signed up yet, head over to the IFB Website and register to join the community. It has helped me IMMENSELY not just with information, but also with networking opportunities. Anyone looking to grow their blog and make it better should be part of the community.

Catch up with you guys later! Follow LoveBrownSugar on Twitter for hour-by-hour updates of my fashion week experience.
 
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! I've been waiting for this, just because I totally wanted to see your fantastic hair again! So fun to meet you! You are so dynamic in person...you have that je ne sais quoi in person, darling, you really do.

    Thanks for the mention. Drinks in NY next time, most definitely!


    ••V••
    www.gritandglamour.com
    @gritandglamour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relaunching my site, so I will be signing up for this. You look great, love the sweater, and hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree IFB is a great community. The live stream helped me a lot. I'm a new blogger, and it was very informative. I would have loved to be there in person but I really couldn't afford it.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I love Karen too! I was gna go, but work got in the way lol... I love your top too! You were on point girl!

    -Kris

    http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DEF need to plan to be at the Conference next year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is sooooo beautiful! Your post always make me feel like I was a part of your wonderful adventures. Now if only I can find some similar pants, dress up and find someplace to pose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you looked amazing and i love your top! i am so sad this i cant go because i dont live in new york..maybe someday! cant wait to see all the videos though!

    Fashion Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is GORGEOUS, and I adore your red lip! I've been wanting to try a red lip, but it never really works out,lol. I've heard such great things about this year's conference; I must attend the next one!

    **Rocquelle**
    www.considermelovely.com
    Twitter: @ConsiderMeLuvly

    ReplyDelete
  9. next year, God willing, i will be at this conference!

    i love your top. pale pink is my latest color obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, where did you get your top from, I must have it. It's so cute. Your entire outfit was on point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a great event! I hope i'll be at this event next time! School is not permiting me to be right now :-/

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! So many of my fave bloggers!! LOVE Karen!!! shes so effortlessly stylish it kills to watch :)

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete