Quantcast

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LoveBrownSugar's New York Fashion Week Begins!

It's that time of the year again! You know, the time of the year when runway reviews overtake the site, celebrity sightings and subsequent Twitpics abound and street style photos are a daily occurrence? Cue the Andy Williams soundtrack "It's-the-most-wonderful-time-of the year!" It's New York Fashion Week ladies and gents!

Kelly Roland & Ashlee Simpson, BCBG SP'11 Runway Show
Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week doesn't officially kick off until tomorrow February 10th, but believe it or not I'll be covering my first few shows between this afternoon and this evening. At 2pm today, I'll be attending the Jsong Way show and this evening at 7PM will officially begin my coverage under the tents with the Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection. Each day I'll be giving you guys a taste of NYFW as I see it, from celebrity interviews to runway pics and fun videos so stay tuned and check back daily.

As part of my New York Fashion Week coverage, I'm proud to announce that LoveBrownSugar will be welcoming a new contributor to the site! Thus far, you guys have heard mainly from myself with the occasional cameo from my bff Jasmine touting her beauty regimen and recommended products.Well now I'm welcoming a new fashionista to the family. Her name is Sisi and she's the fab blogger behind MyModestMouth. With my crazy hectic NYFW schedule, I knew I couldn't take on this season's shows without a little help and fortunately this lovely diva came to the rescue...
Sisi, Blogger, MyModestMouth.com
 Be sure to check out her blog AND vote for her! She is one of the Top 3 contestants on Refinery29's Style Blogger competition. All you have to do is head over to the contest page HERE and vote! Contest closes this weekend so head over there now and show her some LBS love!

Me, Angela Simmons, Kanayo Ebi 

Before I head off to the craziness that is Fashion Week, here are 3 things you should do to keep up with the madness on LoveBrownSugar (and make me feel like this all worth while):

1) Follow me on Twitter! I'm a maniac on that thing, but I promise if you follow, you'll enjoy the ride. I'll be taking twitpics of the collections as I see them, as well as the celebs I see front row.

2) 'Like" LoveBrownSugar on Facebook! All the runway photos I take that don't end up on LoveBrownSugar.com, end up in the Facebook Photo Albums. So if you'd like to see the collection photos right on your mini feed, just head over and click 'Like'. I mean, I like you all! Hopefully you like me too :)

3) Subscribe to LoveBrownSugarTV on Youtube! All my celebrity front-row interviews will be available here, as well as the final walkthroughs for each of the shows. Don't miss a beat!

Wish me luck and be sure to check back daily for updates. Also, comment below and tell me - which shows are you most looking forward to and why? I wanna know your favorite designers. Soundoff below!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. omg i am so jealous that you get to cover NYFW! how exciting...i know you'll do a great job! you should do a post of your NYFW outfits :P

    Fashion Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be following .u is a lucky woman and sisi is great

    ReplyDelete