Quantcast

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Carol's Daughter Launch: Solange, Cassie & Selita Ebanks at Sephora


Last night at the Sephora flagship store on 34th Street in NYC, Carol's Daughter officially premiered their brand new Monoi Collection with the help of spokesbeauties Solange Knowles, Cassie, and Selita Ebanks. Longtime spokesceleb Mary J. Blige made an appearance as well. See below for pics from the event.



As you know I've had the pleasure of trying out the Monoi Collection - mentioned in my Monoi Mondays post - and I absolutely love them! I'll be doing some follow-up posts next week about the amazing shampoo, conditioner and hair mask combo. Last night's event was in celebration of the new line, which is founder Lisa Price's pride & joy. She shared her passion for the Monoi collection with guests at the press preview.

Solange, Lisa Price (founder), Cassie, Selita Ebanks
The new spokesbeauties for the brand stepped out looking gorge, per usual. 

 I absolutely loved Solange's outfit. It was chic, colorful and oh-so-LoveBrownSugar. I love a colorful crisp pant suit and Solo pulled off this look flawlessly.

 Sidebar: I'm in LOVE with Solange's afro. Whether it's all hers or faux, she's rocking it!


Cassie showed up in a cutout knit frock with her signature mohawk and flawless face.

 Love the detailing round back. If you got it, flaunt it right?


And Selita Ebanks (far right) showed up in a funky cocktail dress and a brand new ruby red bob. This look may take a minute to grow on me, but she definitely wears it with confidence.


Longtime spokeslady Mary J. Blige was decked in a python printed top (probably Gucci, it's her fave), white skinnies, stilettos and a high ponytail to match. Mary J's hair is always on point, never fails.

 And of course the founder and CEO of Carol's Daughter, Lisa Price, was on hand for the event. Love this woman - she's one of my inspirations!

Lisa Price, Founder of Carol's Daughter
Special thanks to Nike from MyModestMouth (pictured below) for covering the chic event for LoveBrownSugar in my absence! 


As you all know, I love me some Carol's Daughter but I'm on vacay so I couldn't be in the building. My girl Nike held it down so props to her!

UPDATE: Check out this video of Mary J. Blige welcoming Cassie, Solange and Selita Ebanks to the Carol's Daughter advisory council:


 Enough glamour for you in one building? Soundoff below!

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Love minoi so far, i have relaxed hair. keeps my hair soft and moisturized

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful these women are! I've used CD products, pretty good so far. -xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Solange as a spokesperson for them. Pants suit is cute but all that yellow reminds me of a banana. Her hair had to grow on me. IDK why Selita is looking crazy. Cassie needs to move on to something else to get her noticed. The one shaved side was cute initially. The mohawk is a HAM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think alone they all look great, when you put them together then it's probably not gonna mesh well, but thats the point they are all different! I love Solo's style though.

    xoxo

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am actually going to pick up the Best Tressed hair set on Tuesday. I'm transitioning and my hair is really going through it so I am desperately trying to find something to help repair my hair. All the reviews Ive read on CD seem to be positive so hopefully mine will be too!!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Solange's outfit is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try Monoi out. I went to a CD counter and bought some Hair Milk and restocked on Tui Hair Smoothie but really was there to get Monoi but they didn't have it yet. Now I'm weaved up...lol. Welp. Guess I'll wait a few weeks...lol

    ReplyDelete