Quantcast

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fashion Review: 2011 Met Gala (Couples Edition)


Who doesn't love a fab duo? The great thing about the Met Gala is that it's pretty easy for stars to find a partner-in-crime for the anticipated fete. Most celebs head to the gala with their favorite designer in tow. Others (a la Queen Bey) opt to bring along their superstar hubby. Either way, nothing warms my heart more than a stunning couple on the red carpet.

Jay-Z and Beyonce
Beyonce and Jay-Z are definitely on my "Best Dressed Couple" list. They both looked stunning and uber glamorous. Jay- Z dressed to the tee in his white Tom Ford tuxedo and Beyonce in her Pucci gown. Power couple indeed.

Karl Lagerfeld & Blake Lively

Chanel muse Blake Lively sported a grecian-style Chanel gown in a muted gray. Her soft waves and neutral makeup completed the fresh look. And of course Karl was dressed in his usual, all black and motorcycle gloves. Has anyone ever seen his real hands?

Diane von Furstenberg & Barry Diller
I adore DVF. She's such a classy lady. Always sophisticated and always dressed appropriately for someone of her status. Love it.

Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson

I swooned when I saw Diane Kruger in this jaw-dropping Jason Wu frock. I'm in love with the intricate beading u top and the seductive slit takes it to a whole new level.

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony

JLo rocked the red carpet in a deep fuschia Gucci gown with floral detailing around the shoulder. I thought this was a great look for a gala focused on the art of attire.

Amar'e Stoudemire and Rachel Roy

How cute are Amar'e Stoudemire and Rachel Roy together? They both look classic but stunning. Can't wait for their clothing line collabo to kick off in September.

Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats

I'm normally not a fan of brown dresses but Alicia Keys manages to pull off this Givenchy couture look flawlessly. My only wish is that she topped off the look with a bright red lip. Swizz looks cool too.

Tory Burch and Kanye West

How cute are these two on the red carpet? Kanye West donned a Tory Burch suit for the occasion. I heard through the grapevine, Tory Burch is a major Kanye stan.

Zoe Saldana and Francisco Costa

The canary yellow looks really great against Zoe's skin. I wish there was a bit more to the design, but honestly you could throw a potato sack on this girl and she'd look good.

What do you think of the couples? Any faves?

Click HERE to see my Top 10 Fashion Countdown
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE, Beyonce and Jay-Z, Blake Lively's gown, Kanye (safety pin button) and Tory Burch looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like Beyonce and Jay-Z at all here... I'm not a fan of the overworking of Pucci, in general; being a major Italian house of design/fashion doesn't mean anything to me, lol. Guess its an acquired taste. Diane and Joshua are my favorite, her dress elaborate yet clean; glamorous yet classic... and his look is clean and classic, a perfect match with her dress. J-Lo is stunning in that pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dear.
    Nice to meet your blog. I realy liked it!!
    Hope you can visit my blog too:
    http://www.chatadescarpin.com
    xoxo
    keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovee what Diane Kruger wore! She looks amazing as usual x

    ReplyDelete