Quantcast

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Introducing...Cece's Curls

Age 4, Pre-relaxer

So last week I announced on Twitter and on this Solange post that I made the big move to chop off my relaxer and rock out with my natural curls. Major right? It's taking me a while to get used to having short hair after having long extensions for so long but it's growing on me. I won't go into a long exhaustive explanation of my hair journey (I'll probably make a Youtube video or something) but I will tell you that this isn't the first time I've gone natural. I got my first relaxer at about 9 or 10 years old and after that up until my High School Senior Prom, I relaxed my hair religiously every 6 weeks. Once I got to college, I didn't feel like dealing with the maintenance or the monetary commitment so I chopped it off. It grew out beautifully.Then I had a relapse and relaxed it again in May 2009.

April 2010
 Yikes! 4 years worth of curls, gone! Well I'm back at it again. When I chopped off my hair in 2006 there weren't really any forums or websites except Nappturality.com so I wasn't vewry informed.This time I've been armed with hours of Youtube tutorials and cutesy sites like MoptopMaven, CurlyNikki and KisforKinky to keep me occupied. Anyway, my first "hair video: should be up on Youtube within the next week so all you natural gals who care to listen can follow me on there. I'll post updates and product reviews to LoveBrownSugar every once in a while, but I promise it won't take over...

November 2010
What do you guys think of the new style? Hit me!
Pin It!

23 comments:

  1. I think its cute. I LOVED when my hair was that length!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hair is cute, the coat is GORGEOUS! i want that :D love the nail color too

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look absolutely adorable - there's something so glamorous about the 'do, especially with the coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You look so great with the new style. Your whole look is on point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, I love it SO much! Your hair looks so beautiful, seriously... Much happier and healthier :) Love it love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It looks so 70s Harlem with a modern twist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, I think you look great :) More old school it's nice, in that fur it's really really nice! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSS BOO! GETITGETIT

    ...and where is that fur from? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! You have a beautiful face so any style short,long, curly or straight would suit you. I know your journey; I'm currently transitioning from relaxed to natural. Happy Hair Journey!...Grow on girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing the same thing girl, but I just don't have the courage or something to rock out with my natty. I've been wearing wigs. I love DRAMA in my hair and my real hair just doesnt give me that, so I like the wigs for that reason.

    You look AMAZING with the short curls. You've got the look for it. :-) Can't wait to see the rest of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous either way, but I will admit to envying your curls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think its super cute!! It suits you!

    I'm slowly coming off of the relaxer myself (via a really mild texturizing treatment every 3 months). I'm too chicken to do the big chop! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yess curly fro, iLove it!! Its going to grow fast now that you've cut the permed ends off. Dope fur too btw.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your Natural locks! I too sway back and forth between my short sassy doo and long locks...KUDOS to you it looks GREAT!!

    Tee Capel
    www.flybehaviorstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love natural hair anyway an individual rocks it. You look great and the nail color is winter perfect :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you! You look fab! I recently big chopped my self and I'm loving what I'm working with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. looove the fur coat...and the blazer! very hot
    great blog..newest follower :)

    www.lollihearts.co.uk
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's sooooo cute! Love it!!
    ~Toria

    http://bonafidestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm having the hardest time getting my natural hair to work for me. It just doesn't want to do anything. I have to find some more products, i might even go to a natural hair salon and see what they offer too.

    ReplyDelete