Quantcast

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

LoveBrownSugar Chic: Turning Over A New Leaf

 So I don't have anything profound to say in this post. I just figured the title was appropriate given the ridiculous amount of leaves in this photoshoot, and the fact that 2011 is upon us...(sue me for being stereotypical!)

One thing I'd like to do more often in 2011 is recycle fashions. This hobo I'm holding was way in the back of my closet. I hadn't worn it in years. Then I rediscovered it and fell back in love. So here's a challenge for you fashionistas out there with a retail addiction similar to mine. Once a week starting in the New Year, reach way back in your closet and pull out just ONE item you haven't worn in a long time. And find a way to re-work it. You're guaranteed to stumble on some old gems...

Another thing I'd like to do more often is try out new, quirky trends that I otherwise would SMH at...

Case in point: the "Nerd" trend. I guess, considering I literally wore glasses from 5 years old until my sophomore year in college, I never saw the appeal of this trend. I used to hate my glasses. I even got teased for wearing them in elementary school. Now "four eyes" is a term of endearment? Fashion, I tell ya...

Tip: I picked up these little plastic spectacles at a local Five Below store. Don't splurge on trends. Go cheap until you're sure you love it!

And last but not least, I do solemnly swear to try out a few new photoshoot poses. This one's getting old!

What new leaves are you turning over before the New Year? Soundoff below!  

Jacket: Thrifted, Turtleneck: Thrifted, Jeans: H&M, Shoes: Rouge. Jesus Piece: Forever 21. Ring: Pnk Elephant Accessories. Red Glasses: Five Below.

- Photography by Justified Photos
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. love the natural hair...you are rocking it sistah!!

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try to recycle fashions more. I need to stop my fast fashion addiction! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone else think that this looks seriously ages her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tiffany I can totally see that lol. I think it's the turtleneck and the glasses. I don't mind being old every once in a while though haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you! I want to try some new trends as well as digging up old goodies!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the red glasses!!!
    Totally Love your blog...fabulous!

    Cheers,
    kDrs
    http://kdrsblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @kDrs Thanks so much for checking out my blog!! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete