Quantcast

Thursday, September 6, 2012

LBS Runway Report: Cotte d’Armes Spring 2013

I was way down Houston Street before the brilliance of Cotte d’Armes Spring 2013 presentation hit me. It dawned on me, in the middle of an argument with my photog friend about why New Yorkers say HOW-STON instead of Houston, that Clarence Ruth had elevated denim before my very eyes... but let me backtrack to the beginning.

I walked into a rooftop lounge at the THOMPSON LES. It had been transformed into an art space where the models were standing still. Like mannequin muses they stood on the drop cloth silent amidst the camera flashes and buzz of the room. The looks were very true to the American Biker theme that inspired designer Clarence Ruth in 2012, but for Spring 2013 his inspiration seemed to take a trip out West, did some art projects and came back in crop tops, teared and splattered and leather accent jeans, with a corded top as the hit of the night.
I loved trendy pieces like the studded denim jacket, the high-low top and those magnificent paint-splattered jeans. Seriously, I want them! [I can’t stop thinking about them.] Also the mixed gender show got me thinking about incorporating some menswear pieces into my wardrobe. 

Maybe a large denim men’s shirt under the studded jacket, or a high-low crop top with some bleached out men’s jeans? The possibilities are infinite. The beauty look was simple - nude faces with lots of bronzer accenting the cheekbones. It was cool chic with an air of serious. 

I left the presentation in a denim state of mind!
- Chrislande Dorcilus

Photos by Kai Bush

What denim looks are you looking forward to rockin in Spring 2013? [Please say the paint splatter jeans.]

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment