Quantcast

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zoe Saldana for Vanity Fair

This past weekend I spent a good amount of time walking around the streets of Harlem and scouting out my next potential uptown neighborhood of residence. I got to thinking about all the great things that have come out of Harlem- the people, the culture, the Renaissance, my Mom (she grew up there). I adore the subtle cultural elements of Harlem, like it's distinct architecture and just the overall livelihood of the area. I started thinking about how cool it would be to do a photoshoot there.

Well soon after the thought ran across my mind, I came across these beautiful photos from Vanity Fair's September Issue! It features Zoe Saldana channeling the feel of the roaring 20's. I LOVE shoots like these. Zoe looks gorgeous, her outfits are impeccable, and who wouldn't want to have handsome black men dressed in SHARP attire as props??


This last one reminds me of that famous picture by Art Kane "A Great Day in Harlem", only there's only one female in the picture. I LOVE the men's attire...SHARP!

A Great Day in Harlem, Art Kane


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment