Quantcast

Monday, January 7, 2013

Instaweek 1.7.13

It's my first Instaweek of 2013! *tootsie rolls* I don't know about you guys but 2013 is off to an amazing start for me. Something in the air says this year is going to be spectactular. I started off this 2013 with a little bit of reminiscing, a bit of forward-thinking, and self-reflection. I also started off the year partying! Woot woot - remember my NYE 2013 party look? Yep, best way to ring in the new year.

New Experiences
When I look back on my personal history, the things that have brought me most joy in the past were experiences that were somehow 'new' to me. Like my very first NY Yankee game (pictured above, middle right) or my first trip to Paris (top middle) or my first time cooking a meal all by myself. So that's what I'm declaring 2013. The year of the "new". You only live once (I'm not using the Drake acronym. I refuse). And new experiences keep you young, vibrant and loving life.

Ice Princess
I like things that sparkle. I also like things with bright colors. Yep, like a little kid that will never change. The folks at Ice Watch were nice enough to gift me with one of their amazing watches in yellow. Stay tuned for a post on that this week.

Winter Goods
Confession: I hate old man winter. As a half-island gyal (my dad's from Jamaica mon!) I think I am genetically averse to all cold weather. It makes me crazy. The only respite I get from this cold weather is the fact that I get to wear cool winter capes like this one and that I get to wear layers and plum lipstick. That makes it a little better...just a little.

How was your week? What are you looking forward to this year?

Pin It!

2 comments: