Quantcast

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Instaweek 5.13.13

Happy Monday loves! I hope you guys all enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend and kept up with all things fabulous here on LoveBrownSugar.com. In case you haven't, here's the scoop on LBS and in my crazy life (all via Instagram):

The Makeup Show (NYC)

Last Monday, I attended The Makeup Show here in NYC and got my entire life getting information on the latest & greatest in cosmetics, learning about social media from fab panelists and fellow bloggers Ty Alexander of Gorgeous in Grey, Lianne Farbes of The Makeup Girl and Felicia Walker Benson of ThisThatBeauty. Among my favorite discoveries? OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics) launched a new collection called LIP TAR: STAINED GLOSS, available for purchase May 23rd. Danielle of The Style & Beauty Doctor has a detailed review of the line. Also, one of my fave celebrity makeup artists AJ Crimson has launched a new line of BB Creams which I cannot WAIT to give a try. I've been trying to find a BB cream for my skin tone for ages! Review coming soon. The Makeup Show is coming to a city near you soon - check the website for more info.

Brown Girls Giving Life

Congrats to Ms Kerry Washington on her very first ELLE Magazine cover. If you haven't already, check out her spread here. Also, the streets are going wild for Ciara's new hair look. Her latest haircut is causing quite a stir and prompting spontaneous haircuts round the country. Check it out here!

Motherly Love

I saw so many cute Instagram and Facebook pics of you guys and your moms yesterday! Mother's Day always makes me feel warm & fuzzy inside. I absolutely love my Mom. She's my shero. She taught me to follow my dreams and not to wait for anyone to give me permission to be great. I'm beyond grateful for her.

New Product Obsessions

I mentioned this service in my Last Minute Mother's Day gift guide, but I am absolutely obsessed with Original Scent. I went to see the perfumers behind the brand last week and they handcrafted a scent for me based on questions about my likes/dislikes, my lifestyle and personality. It is such a great gift - full review coming soon

RiRi Woo for MAC is my newest lipstick obsession. I don't care if it looks like Ruby Woo. RiRi's signature is on it and that's enough for me (true fan status, no?). Anyway, I'll be posting a review on the differences between the two later this week so stay tuned!

Sun & Sand in San Juan

This week I'm blogging live from the sunny shores of San Juan, Puerto Rico. I decided to take a last minute biz trip here and while I'm here I'll be doing reviews of some of my favorite places and trying out new hotspots and getting the scoop on all things amazing in San Juan for you lovelies who may be planning Caribbean getaways for the coming season. I'm being hosted by the beautiful & super chic boutique San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel. Puerto Rico is such a great destination for a last minute getaway and there are some really chic yet affordable options if you're planning a trip here. Stay tuned for more updates!

Have Instagram? Follow me boo! Instagram.com/LoveBrownSugar
Pin It!

1 comment: