Quantcast

Thursday, May 9, 2013

On The Market [London]: Boohoo AW13 Collection

London contributor Kaila Baptiste checks out London's very own Boohoo (now available in the US at Boohoo.com) for a sneak peek at their Autumn/Winter 2013 collection. Check out her recap:

The Boohoo Urban English collection is a combination of grunge meets Highland fling with the tartan pieces, leather, acid wash jeans, fur and relaxed silhouettes.

These tartan trousers are my favourite in the Urban English collection. Print is a must for AW13 and I love that these trousers can be worn casually and dressed up for a late night rendezvous. 

The tartan continues in the Rebel collection! Punk meets grunge with the biker jackets, khaki parka and camouflage. The freedom to wear what you want is evident in the name of this collection along with the appearance of tartan which almost seems juxtaposed…punk meets grunge with tartan thrown in. Strangely enough, it works! The tartan shorts suit made my day..not sure if I’m brave enough to pull it off  but it still screams amazingness. 

The Rebel night time pieces were a medley of textures and prints with leopard, zebra, houndstooth and tartan print.

Boutique is a collection for the girl who has been with Boohoo from the beginning (2006) and is ready for the more sophisticated look. It's definitely for the refined yet glamorous chick who is still prepared to have fun with fashion. The floral skirt and bomber jacket are my fave.

Sports Luxe wins the race! This collection is everything - the block colours, panelling on the midi skirts, prints, flattering silhouettes and fabrics.


The influx of cocoon shapes and neoprene felt like a sea of flattering fashion. If I could have taken the whole collection with me I would have!

There are only two words for the AW13 accessories- statement pieces. Chunky, embellished jewellery, statement footwear and colourful clutches.

We were given a sneak peek of Boohoo’s new Festival collection inspired by Coachella, along with the new Geo-traveller collection. There was an abundance of tassels and denim, aztec print and patchwork hot pants. The collection is actually available on their website now so be sure to check it out.

The pieces for SS13 made me think of candy floss (cotton candy) and all things sweet. Summer is the time to dress cute ladies - embrace the fun colours and flirty separates.

To end the fabulous evening Boohoo made the bloggers feel extra special with a nail station to get their nails spruced up and the opportunity to have their own mini photo shoot with one of the AW13 themes as the backdrop and a box of Boohoo accessories to choose from. Once the chosen shot was printed the picture was tied to the Boohoo fence for display.


I got my ANTM on (in my case BNTM) and had my mini photo-shoot rocking a floral headband (which I fell in love with and must have) and round pearl encrusted sunglasses that are available on the Boohoo website. 

I don’t know about you but I’ve got my festival looks in mind and my winter wardrobe will definitely include pieces from Boohoo’s Sports Luxe collection.

Will you be sporting Boohoo’s Sports Luxe collection or did another collection grab your attention?

- Kaila Baptiste, London Contributor


Check out some of our current favorites from Boohoo: 


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment