Quantcast

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is Sasha FIERCE? Or foolish...

Rumor has it, Ms. Beyonce and mama Tina Knowles are in the works of launching a new line under House of Dereon that takes inspiration from Bey's alter-ego "Sasha Fierce". The line has been in the works and is scheduled to hit stores like Macy's and Dillard's this upcoming fall. Here's a sneak peek at the lineup:



Now as much as I love me a solid black fashion piece, I have to say this is a huge disappointment. When I hear the line is going to channel "Sasha Fierce", I'm thinking FLYY, EDGY, off-the-wall pieces. To create an entire line of black pieces without a HINT of creativity or innovation is a complete waste of time, money and effort!


Ok so maybe the big names like Versace, Gucci or Prada could pull off an entire line of black pieces and get props and credibility for them - but the Knowles'?? I think not. I'm sorry but these pieces are too REGULAR. How can I call something fashion when I can find an exact replica at a local Walmart?


Really though, let's assess the situation here:

- a plain black leather jacket with lackluster embellishment.... I'm sure BabyPhat has already got this look covered. Clever, Tina, real clever.

- black leggings and a black tank? Are you kidding? Nobody is going to pay an extra penny to buy plain black leggings with "Sasha Fierce" written on the tag


Honestly, the best thing about these looks are the ACCESSORIES. Those booties and peeptoes I see are the only thing fierce on those models. Now when the acessories speak louder than the clothes, you KNOW there's a problem.


As far as I'm concerned, Beyonce might be reputable as an entertainer, but NOT as a designer. And Tina - let's not forget those sparkly cutout costumes she used to slap on Destiny's Child. Now I was a crazed fan like all the rest of us, but please believe looking back, I dunno WHAT in the hot hell Tina Knowles was thinking:



I don't know how many of you watch Real Housewives of Atlanta but I'm a huge fan. Anyone remember that episode when Project Runway runner-up Michael Knight made an appearance on the show to help give one of the housewives some advice about her up-and-coming "fashion line"? I will never forget, he said something along the lines of "Designing a fashion line isn't for everyone".

He was basically saying, just because you're rich, famous, think your stylish and have money to spare, DOESN'T mean that a fashion line is something you should pursue. So many celebrities these days think they can just throw together a line and because they are who they are people will buy it. Umm, we're not dumb. We know a black tank top is a black tank top whether it be from Conway or from the House of Dereon...

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but with a name like Sasha Fierce, you have to come correct. We don't wanna dress up in a black skintight bodysuit like you did in "Single Ladies" Bey, so DON'T design one.

We're trying to look FIERCE not FOOLISH.

*LoveBrownSugar

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment