Quantcast

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rising Style Icon: Letoya Luckett


Ever since I was a crazed Destiny's Child fan, I have always admired and adored Beyonce the most. However, when it came down to great looks, I've always secretly believed Letoya was the prettiest. Now that Letoya Luckett is back on the radar as a solo artist, her true style and great looks are really getting noticed. Though she might be an EX-Destiny member, she has risen from being an outcast off the island of "Destiny" to a Rising Style Icon on my radar..


At the Grammy's in February. This outfit put her back on the radar for me.

This amazing statement necklace takes the conservative neckline to new heights. It took me a while to warm up to this snakeskin envelope clutch, but because of the simplicity of the dress, I'll let her get away with it. Love the color of this dress! Not a fan of the pumps, though.

Ms. Luckett sported this bedazzled minidress look at the BET Awards on June 28th. Risque but not too much. The shoes are interesting. I think I might have preferred some diamond-studded stilettos but I'll let these metallic platforms rock!

This dress/statement-necklace pair really took it there for me. When I saw her go on stage and present in this look, I was immediately drawn to the layered chainlink crystal chains. With a neutral color like this one, you need something extra to make it POP. So, the necklaces were definitely a good choice. Again, not a fan of the shoes! I don't know, maybe its her ankles that throw things off for me?? Rule of thumb for those with skinny, barely-there ankles, don't wear shoes that straddle them - especially not platform because they EMPHASIZE the slimness in the ankle.

Although she hasn't made the best shoe choices, I applaud Letoya for showing up and showing out at these Awards shows. I mean that's why she's a "Rising" icon... not quite there yet. But she will be if she keeps up the good work...



Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment